Get the flash player here: http://www.adobe.com/flashplayer
All pictures as displayed in the slideshow above are taken and edited by Tania Fiza Rozlan. Copyright reserved TFR 2012.
All original songs on this blog are written by Tania Fiza Rozlan. Copyright reserved TFR 2012.

Friday, August 26, 2011

Salam Ramadhan & Salam Eid Mubarak

Salam and Happy Friday!
 
 
If anyone ever happens to hit upon this blog, thank you for reading. One might observe that there are some old posts (in red writing) going back to 2009 and 2010. These are my past writings and I shall leave it as they were…
 
 
As many wannabe beginner bloggers such as I, I’m trying to start writing again but this time without the negativities in life (well, I’ll try not to include them). I notice people like to write when they are feeling down, depressed, lonely, sad. Yes, I was one of those people. Then eventually I stopped writing cause I just don’t feel like writing anymore. The common case.
 
 
My opening post this year was about my new song ‘No Matter What’. I love it. It’s interesting to see how my writing matures with my age and my life. For now, I don’t know if I can outdo that song. I don’t know if I can write so purely like that song. Well, ideas come and go, enthused by the things that happen in life, so we’ll see…

Today however, I will not talk about my music but rather on my other likings. Baking. Hmmm.. I surprised myself when I say that. I don’t cook much but that does not say that I can’t cook. I easily get intimidated by others who like to talk about their cooking skills, though. Interestingly enough, I found out that I actually take pleasure in the world of baking, making cookies, biscuits, cupcakes and so on.

For this year’s Eid, I’ve decided to try out some traditional Raya biscuits and cookies recipes myself, with the help of my kind helpers. Last weekend was the experiment weekend. How did it turn out? Well, I’m proud to say that I’ve managed to bake my favourite Mama Carrey biscuits, Mazola biscuits and the Semperit biscuits. Woohoo! *gives.a.pat.on.the.back*
Semperit Biscuits
Mazola Biscuits

Mama Carrey & Semperit Biscuits

I don’t have the proper mould so the shape might differ from the original look. But hey, the kids love ‘em and can’t stop eating them, so that should say something, right.

Raya Biscuits done!

And yesterday I’ve tried out the Suji Pelangi (Rainbow Suji) recipe and look at how they turned out:
Rainbow Suji

Not bad eh.. for a first timer?
 
 
I know I shouldn’t be doing more Raya cookies but I’m so tempted to do the Oreo Black Beauty biscuits. I’ve already bought the ingredients. Hmmmm….
 
 
The end of Ramadhan is near. I don’t really feel thrilled to face the celebration of Syawal over here. Don’t get me wrong, Syawal is a good month, it’s just the celebration of it over here that’s a bit dreary when compared to home. But I really should go ‘beraya’ this year… it could be my last here in Eire..??
 
 
Before I sign off for today, I want to wish “Selamat Hari Raya, Maaf Zahir & Batin to all my families, friends and anyone who knows me”. May Allah bless us all. InsyaAllah.

The Loyal Timekeeper

No comments: